The long tradition of Metrica SA in occupying with state-of-art sensors and high expertise services finds its core on the Research and Innovation Center (RIC). We believe that progress must be visible, so RIC's vision is to redefine and break down the boundaries of surveying measurements with our innovations. Our actions aim to establish new knowledge and to explore the feasibility of new or improved technologies, services, and solutions in the measurement world.
Metrica's Research and Innovation Center follows a simple philosophy: to devote our knowledge and technology to creating superior services that contribute to safer results. For this reason, from research to services, we continuously strive to improve on all levels to ensure that our users can always rely on our team.
In RIC, we mixed our knowledge and technical skills with our creativity and passion. We always strive to deeply understand our users and turn their needs and ideas into innovative solutions. For this purpose, our methodology includes
• basic and applied research,
• technology development and integration,
• testing and validation in real or simulated environment.
Activities - Aims
The RIC interests focus on Metrology, Surveying Science, Environmental Monitoring and Natural Hazards Protection. Through the engagement of Metrica SA scientific and engineering team and the collaboration with third parties such as academic institutes, national and global organizations, and several partners, we aim in:
- Developing innovative and value-added products.
- Modernizing existing services and traditional practices with robust, competitive, and cost-effective solutions.
- Supporting the current and new company operational activities through applied research.
- Constant tracing of the technological trends.
- Inform and propose, to national authorities and organizations, innovative technical norms and standards that improve the quality of their provided services.
- Establishing the bond with academic research and knowledge through mutual participation in research projects and providing the company's resources for learning and research purposes.